Salvation Story (III) – God’s gift of Salvation
Text: Luke 2:10-11, John 3:15-16, Matthew 1:20-23.
Memory Verse: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
The greatest gift of all is the gift of salvation, given to us out of the greatest love of all, by the greatest person of all who is God. It is all God’s doing from the beginning and after the fall of man. The gift of salvation is the work of the Trinity; God the Father who determined to give it, God the Son who paid the price it, and God the Holy Spirit who brings it from above as Jesus explained it to Nicodemus in John 3:1-6. Now let us look at what the gift of Salvation is:
1. It is the gift of justification by faith. Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 5:1
2. It is the gift of sanctification by the word and Spirit.
3. It is the gift of glorification and life with God for eternity. Romans 14:10
4. It is the gift of redemption. Ephesians 1:7
5. It is the gift of a new life. 2Corinthians 5:17
Now that we have understood what the gift of salvation is, we should understand that it is free but at the same time costly. Free in the sense that Jesus did not ask us for anything in return before He gave His life for us but it is costly in the sense that Jesus suffered on His way to the cross to shed His precious blood and give us a new life and relationship with God. So while salvation is free, we should not take it for granted.
Author: Sis Chiamaka Ebenezer