Salvation Story (IV) – Benefits of God’s gift of Salvation
Text: Luke 2:10-11, John 3:15-16, Matthew 1:20-23.
Memory Verse: “Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.” Matthew 1:23.
Salvation is only acquired by the grace of God and faith in Jesus Christ alone. There are many benefits of being saved in Jesus Christ because His blood cleanses our sins, covers our nakedness and present us righteous before God. God no longer sees us as sinners but righteous with the blood of Jesus Christ. The separation between God and man was broken on the day when Jesus finished the work on the cross. Now we have free access to heaven in Jesus name.
Benefits of Salvation:
1. Deliverance from the wrath of God; 1Thess 1:10.
2. Reconciliation with God; 2Corinthians 5:18.
3. Justification; Galatians 3: 6-15.
4. Redemption from generational curses; Deuteronomy 28: 14-68.
5. The Mercy of God; Hebrews 8:12, Romans 9: 15-16.
6. Peace with God; Philippians 4:7
7. We become the sons of God; Romans 8:15.
Conclusion: The work of salvation has brought a great change in the world. It has given light, hope and life to a dying world and everyone that lives in it; Titus 2:11.
Author: Sis Chiamaka Ebenezer