Gideon and his exploit

Gideon and his exploit

Judges 6:12,14-16,34,35.

Our world today is in dire need of deliverance from the plague of sin. Many are suffering and eventually dying in their wretched state. Consequently, the Lord is searching for men who would rise to the occasion of being used to set men free from the power of darkness and propagate the gospel of light- Ezekiel 22:30 So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.May we be found worthy of this call of God in Jesus’ name. From the text, we see the call of God upon a man and the process of making Him and the people following Him fit for warfare. Just before the warfare ensued, the Lord took the volunteers through a process of weaning which is of utmost importance for our understanding. The first hurdle was the banishment of fear, and it’s quite surprising that many of the people failed in this instance. Our world today is plagued with crippling fears of so many things and many have allowed it to becloud their faith in the Son of God. John 6:60,65,66. The second and final hurdle was a determination of their watchful readiness for battle to which another crowd of them failed, leaving just a remnant of them ready to fight without fear and with disciplined readiness. It’s interesting and sorrowful to know that only 1% of the initial volunteers made it through God’s tests, the remaining 99% were disqualified and rendered unfit for service. May this not be our portion in Jesus’ name. Romans 9:27;11:5 Isaiah also cries out concerning Israel: “Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, The remnant will be saved.There’s testimony about the divinely qualified 1% to take note of in Judges 8:4 when Gideon came to Jordan, he and the three hundred men who were with him crossed over, exhausted but still in pursuit. They were exhausted, but didn’t turn back from the work, neither did they complain or murmur. This is a result of the workings of God upon their hearts. I Samuel 10:26 And Saul also went home to Gibeah; and valiant men went with him, whose hearts God had touched. To become men after God’s order and heart, we must be willing to wait on Him in the secret place of prayer and allow Him to mold us and properly incubate us as His living vessel through and through.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *