The Wonders of His Love: Redeemed by the Perfect Gift
Text: Hebrews 9:11-15, 1Peter 1:18-21, 1John 2:1-2.
Memory Verse: “In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace” Ephesians 1:7
The sacrifice of the perfect gift has saved and redeemed man from sin and the bondage that sin brings. His death gave us redemption through his blood that was shed on the cross; and his resurrection gives us the assurance of his finished work on the cross.
What does it mean to be redeemed? To be redeemed means to be bought out of slavery by paying a heavy price. Man was in the slave market of sin after the fall in the Garden of Eden; God’s reconciliation plan was a costly one because he had to send his only begotten son and his son was to pay for the price of man’s freedom with his blood 1Corinth 6:20. This is why the blood of Jesus is so powerful that no force or power on earth can withstand it Revelation 12:11; redemption by the blood of Jesus gives us the following:
- Forgiveness of sin Hebrews 9:22.
- Freedom from the power and bondage of sin and the devil Hebrews 2:14-15
- Peace with God Ephesians 2:13-18.
- Continuous cleansing from all sin 1John 1:7.
- Justification and makes us righteous Romans 5:9.
- Through the blood of Jesus we are sanctified and made holy Hebrews 13:12.
- Your body becomes a temple of the Holy Spirit; cleansed and redeemed by the blood 1Corinth 6:19-20.
In conclusion; the perfect gift of God became the perfect sacrifice and that sacrifice has saved and redeemed us from sin, giving us a new identity and relationship with God. The important part remains our choice; we can choose whether or not to accept God’s perfect sacrifice.
Meditation: Would you accept this sacrifice and all that it stands for?
Author – Sis Chiamaka Ebenezer.