The Fear of God: The Impact of Positive Fear
Text: Proverbs 15:33, Proverbs 19:23, Psalms 128:4.
Memory Verse: “The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death” Proverbs 14:27.
We understood from yesterday that the only fear in the world that is positive is the fear of God. That is why it is essential for us to learn about the good things we can get from having the fear of God.
The Bible is full of examples of how fearing God is a positive rather than a negative thing. Let’s look at a few of these examples.
- Positive fear makes you disciplined. We see people like Joseph who feared God and refused to commit the sin of fornication with Potiphar’s wife; Genesis 39:7-9.
- You will receive divine instruction concerning the choices you make; Psalms 25:12
- You will be blessed with wisdom; Proverbs 1:7, 9:10.
- Positive fear makes you do what is right all the time; Psalms 112:1-3.
- Having the fear of God makes you to be known for integrity and faithfulness. Job is a good example as God was able to boast of him to the devil; Job 2:1-3.
- It makes you delight in worshiping God. Revelation 14:7
- Gives you prosperity and makes you experience God’s goodness; Psalms 31:19.
- Gives you contentment in everything; Proverbs 19:23.
- You will be confident and courageous in whatever you do. Just like Joshua and Caleb who believed they could conquer the giants in Canaan land; Joshua 1:9, Proverbs 14:26.
- Positive fear gives you the assurance of your prayers being heard and answered by God; Psalms 145:19. Your generation will also benefit by being partakers of the blessings of God; Psalms 112:1-2.
Prayer: Help my heart Lord to have referential fear for you in Jesus name. Amen
Author: Sis Chiamaka Ebenezer