Importance of Prayer
Importance of Prayer.
Text: Ephesians 6:18, James 5:13, Romans 12:12, Philippians 4:6.
Memory Verse: “Pray without ceasing” 1Thessalonians 5:17.
Prayer is important because it makes us more like Jesus and because it reveals to us the heart and mind of God. Prayer is one of the most important things a child of God can do. It is a time to communicate with God and can be done anywhere at any time. It is impossible to know someone if you do not spend time with them; prayer is an opportunity to spend time with God and to really understand the heart of God. Now let us look at some of the importance of prayer.
1. Prayer makes us more like Jesus: Prayer was important to Jesus as it was His lifeline and His connection to the heavenly Father; Luke 5:16, Luke 6:12.
2. Prayer shows us the heart of God: Prayer helps us become one with the Father and have the kind of relationship Jesus had with him; John 17:21.
3. Prayer helps us make better decisions: When you feel confused about making important decision, praying about it will help you make better choices.
4. Prayer helps us build a stronger relationship with God: The more you communicate with God, the closer you become to Him.
5. Prayer keeps God in the forefront of your mind: When you pray all the time, you cannot forget God because you are talking to Him every day and not just on Sunday mornings.
Conclusion: Prayer is very important, so make it a habit to pray every day. Just like Jesus, we should pray all the time.
Author: Sis Chiamaka Ebenezer