Evangelism: Reward for Evangelism
Text: Proverbs 11:30, 1Peter 5:24, 2Timothy 4:8.
Memory Verse: “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according to his work shall be”. Revelation 22:12
There is reward offered to soul-winners (those who evangelize and win souls for the kingdom of God); the New Testament emphasizes on it more than the Old Testament. In the New Testament, rewards are often called “crowns”; these crowns will be gained or lost according to our faithfulness.
The heavenly reward for evangelism goes beyond our human understanding, but we will look at a few of the promises for the soul winners:
Crowns: we have various crowns that will be given in heaven
1. Incorruptible crown: this crown is for those who lived a disciplined life while on earth 1Cotinthians 9:25
2. Crown of glory: this crown is for those who faithfully care for the flock (God’s people) 1Peter 5:2-4.
3. Crown of righteousness: this is for those who have lived a righteousness life 2Timothy 4:8.
4. Crown of rejoicing: this crown is for all the faithful soul-winners who devoted themselves to evangelism 1Thessalonians 2:19-20.
5. The Crown of life: is for those patiently endured trials and temptations James 1:12.
*Another reward that awaits us is the Lord’s recommendation and the joy and honour that will accompany it. Matthew 25:21
*There is also a joy that cannot be explained when we see some of the souls you preached to when we get to heaven. Daniel 12:3
Meditation: The greatest reward is to be with Jesus forever in heaven. Therefore, let us all do our best and ensure that we are soul-winners living a righteous and holy life to ensure us a place in eternity with God.
Author – Sis Chiamaka Ebenezer