Evangelism: Reward for Evangelism
Text: Philippians 3:14, Matthew 16:27, Daniel 12:3, Matthew 25:20-23.
Memory Verse: “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according to his work shall be”. Revelation 22:12
The Earthly Reward: 1Corinthians 9:23-25
People may wonder and often ask themselves if there is any reward for evangelism. The answer is yes! There is a reward for evangelism not just in heaven alone but also here on earth. The earthly reward for evangelism includes:
- Satisfaction: There is a feeling of satisfaction when you preach to a sinner and he/she repents. James 5:20
- Joy: When you preach to a sinner and he/she repents; you are giving heaven a cause to rejoice. The bible tells us in Luke 15:7 that there is great joy in heaven over one sinner that repents.
- Gratitude from those saved: After preaching to sinner and he/she truly repents and starts serving God wholeheartedly; they often thank whoever it is that led them to Christ.
- God will be very happy with you; as children of God when we obey this command of evangelism, we are making God happy and in return he will bless us abundantly.
- Peace: There is a peace you will have after evangelizing; this is because you have done the first mandate given to us by Jesus; go into the world and teach them Matthew 28:19-20. This is the peace that comes with obedience.
Meditation: If there is joy in heaven when a soul is saved, what do you think will be the lot of the person who yielded to God to bring such a person to salvation?
Author – Sis Chiamaka Ebenezer